Offre VIE - HARDWARE ENGINEER- VIE124684
Your dream is to work in a fast-growing tech startup? Watt & Well is what you are looking for.
We are experts in power electronics, designing and manufacturing power supplies and motor controllers. We provide equipment for 3 demanding industries: aerospace, e-mobility, and Oil & Gas.
Technical innovation and performance are the foundation of our company. Our products are embedded in cutting-edge applications. We provide two critical rad-tolerant motor controllers for the future Ariane 6 launcher. Our 25kW modular power units are integrated into the latest generation of quick chargers deployed across Europe. Our high-temperature motor controllers take places inside the tools of a worldwide player of the O&G services, 10km under the ground, at 175°C ambient temperature.
We are a dynamic multicultural team, composed of 40 employees, based in Massy (Paris area, France), Pertuis (Aix-en-Provence area, France) and Houston (Texas, USA).
Our engineering team is composed of technicians, engineers, and PhDs, experts in power electronics, digital control, and software, control theory, industrialization, and manufacturing. To sustain our growth, we are currently looking for high energy women and men.
We are looking for an electronic engineer based in Houston.
The power electronics designer reports to the operations manager, applying his skills and expertise to actively contribute to the development and validation of the NarMotion high-temperature baseline motor controller.
• Requirements & existing design understanding.
• Topology choice, sizing, schematic design.
• Justification report writing.
• Verification & Validation, including EMI.
• Failure inspection and root cause analysis.
• Provide remote and onsite support to our Oil & Gas customers.
• Design and develop the power electronics of a motor controller.
• Test analyses and reports.
• Teamwork with Software engineers.
• Verification & Validation for the new version.
• Strong academic background in electrical engineering (Engineering school, Ph.D.).
• You have at least 7 years of experience (ideally in Oil & Gas).
• You have strong skills in general electronics, power electronics and EMI are a plus.
• You are familiar with demanding industries (documentation, justification, tests).
• You are dynamic and curious.
• You can communicate in English; French is a plus.